SIB at a glance
We deliver long-term value and enhance the financial health to all our customers with a range of specialized products and services.
Established by Emiri decree by His Highness Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohamed Al Qassimi in 1975, Sharjah Islamic Bank (SIB) transitioned from commercial to Islamic banking in 2002. Today, we are a financial institution providing a broad variety of Sharia'a-compliant, retail, corporate and investment products and services to our valued customers via an extensive UAE network.
We are committed to the development of our community by serving customers with socially responsible solutions, and providing world-class employment opportunities based on knowledge, teamwork, respect and leadership–while creating sustainable value for our shareholders.
To be the bank of choice for creative customer solutions, based on excellence and Islamic principles of partnership, trust and equality for all.
As everyone’s bank, we believe in people, first and foremost. Our bank promotes a harmonious environment of fairness, trust and respect. We offer our customers an innovative banking experience via customized solutions, and empower our staff with abundant opportunity for career development.
The foundation of excellence
Our commitment to Corporate Governance comprises well-defined shareholder rights, a solid control environment, ...Learn More
Sharia is the nucleus of a system of Islamic values that guarantees justice in all aspects of life, it represents a ...Learn More
ASAS Real Estate, Sharjah Islamic Financial Services LLC, and Sharjah National Hotels.Learn More
Awards & Recognition
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award
- ISO 27001 certification-"Information Security Management System"
- Commercial market award (ASAS Real estate-the property arm of SIB)
- UAE Emiratization Award (Large enterprise Class)
- Dubai Service Excellence Scheme Award, Best commercial brand for the year in the service sector
- Sharjah Economic Excellence Award
- Best Voice of the Customer Program” at the Middle East Call Centre Awards.
- Sharjah Award for Voluntary Work
- Acknowledged by Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange for being one of the first five listed companies to disclose their financial statements for the second and third quarters of 2017
- Business Excellence 2017 (the world confederation of business recently)
- Best Emiratization CEO award (banking and financial sector)
- Human resources development award (banking and financial sector)